This year, in the starting line area of La Vuelta 2021, Feníe Energía has placed a house to receive visitors and demonstrate that it is already possible to have a home powered by 100% renewable energy.
The Feníe Efficient House is a space with photovoltaic panels that uses second-life BeePlanet electric vehicle batteries to store surplus energy. It has electrical consumption appliances and a recharging point for electric vehicle. A house that does not need to be connected to the grid thanks to renewable generation and storage, as it can be supplied 24 hours a day, even when the sun is not shining.
Our Home ESS storage system – with 10kWh capacity – together with the energy manager not only stores, but also optimises the use of energy. We achieve:
- Maximise the self-consumption ratio: increase the percentage of renewable energy consumption, by optimising photovoltaic production and the use of storage. Automatically prioritise when to supply directly from PV, from the battery or from the grid if necessary.
- Extend the life of the storage system, improving the investment.
- Save on electricity bills.
In addition, as the equipment is manufactured with second-life batteries, we achieve:
- Reduce CO2 emissions into the atmosphere by up to 70% compared to new batteries.
- Avoid the consumption of new raw materials, including complex and limited materials such as lithium, cobalt or copper.
- Use top quality resources: lithium-ion batteries from the automotive sector.
The Feníe Efficient House will be present at all the stages of La Vuelta (see route) and admission will be free. There, it will be possible to check the operation of the installed equipment with the company’s technicians.
Images of the Feníe Efficient House in the first stage, in Burgos.